Monday, August 24, 2009

And then there were 5!





























Our precious little baby finally arrived!!!!
Clint is outnumbered! Although most people were sure it was a boy, Brinley and Trail got a little sister!!!! Brielle C Sampson (Her middle initial is for both Grandma's, Celinda and Cindy) arrived Friday August 21st at 12:39am. She weighed 8lbs and was 20in. She has tons of dark curly hair!! She looks a lot like Brinley did when she was born! I realized you have to be careful what you wish for. I was telling my Mom I wanted my water to break just so I would know I was in labor for sure and I wanted a faster labor than the 8 hours of my other 2. Sorry but every new mom has to share their story so here it is! Well Thursday night I went grocery shopping even though Clint said he would go in the morning, I just felt like I should get it done. Clint went hunting, so my friend Kari kindly watched the kids so I could go shopping. It's a good thing because when I got home and was putting groceries away I started getting contractions. With lots of urging from Clint (I didn't want to get sent home) we left for the hospital at 11:30pm and got to the hospital at 12:05. By that time my contractions had been 2 minutes apart for a while. I was dialated to a 6 1/2 cm. Not long after my water broke (wow that was scary) and I was an 8 1/2. I was anxiously asking for an epidural, but I had to have an IV first. Not long after my water broke I had the nurse check again and I was at 10 cm. Needless to say I didn't have time for an epidural, the doctor (mine was out of town so it was the on call doctor, but I didn't really care) walked in with his wranglers and carhartt shirt got his 2nd glove on and she was her. Once she decided to come she flew out! Clint screamed "It's a girl, it's a girl!!!" We are so lucky she is here and healthy. She gets lots of attention from Brinley and Trail! What a blessing and miracle!!!!

9 comments:

Steph said...

WOW!!!! WOW!!! She is stinken CUTE!!!! Your story brought HAPPY tears to my eyes!!! I bet Cindy can't wait to get her hands on her!!! Congrats!!! GOOD LUCK!!

Tanalyn said...

Congratulations Tina! You must have STONE blood if you made it with no epidural! Good job and congratulations, she is adorable! The best is the doctors attire, too funny!

Ann said...

She's cute. Congratulations!

Sandy said...

Congratulation on your new little bundle of Joy! I can't believe you have 3 little ones now!!

The Nielsons said...

Glad to hear all is well and to see such an adorable little girl and a great family of five.

Jason Welch said...

congrats to you guys! so tina, you finally got to feel what it was like to go natural! she is cute, i think she looks like a little clint:) this is yvonne by the way...signed on under jason's account.

Jennilynn and Jeff said...

What a beautiful baby!! Thanks for sharing your labor story, I always like to hear those. Glad to see you made it through without epidural!

Jeromy & Hollie Sampson said...

Congrats, I'm glad it doesn't look like Clint. Hey, Clint it looks like you are gaining a little weight there.

Jake and Kate said...

YAY! Congrats! I love to hear what's happenin with you guys. What a delivery! Woo! Congrats on the baby girl! She's BEAUTIFUL! Hope you guys are doing good! Love ya! ;)