Friday, October 3, 2008

Here fishy, fishy!!!!




A perk of Clint's job is that we are able to use the equipment they have, such as boats, camp trailers, etc. The other day he brought home one of the fishing boats. We are super lucky that we live 10 minutes from Steinaker Reservior. Being the way I am I was dragging my feet because I had a HUGE list of things I "needed" to get done. I've been trying to work on this, feeling like I have to do everything!!!! So I took a leap and let go of a little anxiety and went. It is just like Clint to help me with things like that. Sad to say the chores were still there when I got home, but the lesson I learned is that they still got done. We all had so much fun and the best part was that it didn't cost anything, just a little time. The kids LOVED fishing!!! Clint let me drive the boat which I really enjoy!! Well Brinley wasn't quite sure when the fish was on the hook. But she kept calling out "Here fishy, fishy!" "Where are you?" She is so cute! Trail loved holding the fishing pole! I can tell he and his Dad are going to be great fishing buddies!!!! At first Trail was just sitting on my lap, then he got brave and by the end was all over. He decided it was a fun game to throw things overboard. Oops, was that jar of salmon eggs supposed to go in the water!!! Clint almost had to jump in the lake to save the fishing pole! But it's all good! We are missing a pair of pliers, Oops, they must have gone in the water too!!! He is like his sister, we were missing a lot of silverware and then one day we caught her throwing it in the garbage can! Oh kids!!! It's good for a laugh right? I'm thankful for those little moments we get to ENJOY life! It is amazing to watch life through a child's eyes! It sure changes your attitude doesn't it? Thanks Clint for allowing me to realize that it is ok to let go and relax sometimes!

4 comments:

tangi said...

Ahh, enjoying the moment. Isn't that what President Hinckley just talked about. Good job making memories.

Kari said...

looks like so much fun!!! Its good to make memories with our kids. Nothing else really matters right. I have to remind my self of that.

Jennilynn and Jeff said...

Fishing! That looks like a lot of fun! Looks like it was worth the work/effort.

Brianne said...

I love going fishing!! That is good times!! I miss you friend. I honestly laugh when I think of all the funny memories we had together. guess who I saw the other night!??! the old bf euge!! ahhh weird huh!? He got married and they are going to have a baby in may or something. I love to see how you are doing!! I wish we could see each other again soon!