Monday, September 15, 2008

TAG --- Quirks of Mine


I'm supposed to name 6 quirks of mine. It has actually taken me a few days to think of some. It has actually been fun to pick them out of my daily life. It has made me realize that these random things make me unique, which is always nice to feel unique when you feel like sometimes you are just a boring Mom! So here goes...


1 - Holding hands... I remember telling Clint when we were on one of our first dates that my hand had to be behind his. I get the chills thinking of holding hands the other way. I know it is random, but it's me.


2 - Crunchies on the floor... I can't stand stepping on little (crunchies - I don't know what else to call them) on the kitchen floor. If it is too bad and I don't have the time to sweep, I will put my shoes on. Hence the fact that I have been sweeping 3+ times a day. Along with this I can't stand to have dusty feet! Yuck!


3 - Fuzzies in my socks... If I put socks on and they have fuzzies in them, yes I have to take them off and empty them even if my shoes are already on.


4 - Pants of first... I guess I just have the habit, but I have to put my pants on first and then my shirt.


5 - Unplug the blowdryer... I don't know if it is just a phobia, but I always have to unplug the blowdryer after I am done. I think I'm afraid of the kids pulling it down on them, I also worry about it using too much energy. Weird I know.


6 - Water on my toothbrush... I only now this because Clint pointed it out... I also put water on my toothbrush, then the toothpaste, then water again. Do you do that Mom? I think it is just habit, because I conciously try not to, but too much pulls me to do it.


I tag Tangi, Kari, Whitney and Jen.


*Link the person who tagged you.*Mention the rules on your blog.*Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.*Tag fellow bloggers by linking them. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged!

5 comments:

Whit said...

I did my tag... you can go read it and make serious fun of me now! I missed you last night. I didn't know you had left town and I tried calling you for like 3 days in a row like 10 times a day until Colette told me you had gone. I hope your having fun!

Kari said...

It's funny the little things that bother us. When I am not trying to think of my little quirks I notice then all through out the day.
Hope your mouth gets feeling better. We miss you.

Jamie said...

I love reading about other peoples quirks. I know I have my fair share. The peaches you and Kari did look good. I am trying my hand at them tomorrow wish me luck.

Jake and Kate said...

You're not the only one who does that with your toothbrush! Jake doesn't understand why I do it, and I can't say that I do either, but I just HAVE to do it. Just one of those things. Kinda funny! ;)

Tristie hearts Dax said...

i always wet my toothbrush after I put paste on it. It just feels better! dry bristles on my teeth give me the creeps! no dax AND my kids do it because they think it is better, too.